Saturday, February 19, 2011

What a Revoltin' Development This Is

David Horowitz warns of the return of a conservative spectre--Jew-hate, this time in the guise of anti-Zionist "Texas crackpot" Ron Paul.

According to Horowitz, William F. Buckley long ago
drummed the anti-Semites out of the conservative movement, and the movement thrived as a result.
While I agree with him about Paul, I don't know if I can go along with that assertion: the movement has never, for example, drummed out such high profile Jew-haters cum anti-Zionists as Patrick J. Buchanan and James "Eff the Jews" Baker. And at the moment the influence of conservative moneybags/Muslim Brotherhood apologist Grover Norquist doesn't bode terribly well for things, either. (That said, I still believe in conservative thinking, and will never "revert" to my previous lefty worldview/cluelessness.)

No comments: