Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beware of Muslims Who Disavow Terrorism But Who Embrace Spin and Relativism

Guys like this one, for instance:
(CNN) -- I'm an American-Muslim and I despise Islamic terrorists. In fact, despise is not even a strong enough word to convey my true feelings about those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam. I hate them with every fiber of my being. 
I'm not going to tell you, "Islam is a religion of peace." Nor will I tell you that Islam is a religion of violence. What I will say is that Islam is a religion that, like Christianity and Judaism, is intended to bring you closer to God. And sadly we have seen people use the name of each of these Abrahamic faiths to wage and justify violence. 
The unique problem for Muslims is that our faith is being increasingly defined by the actions of a tiny group of morally bankrupt terrorists. Just to be clear: The people who commit violence in the name of Islam are not Muslims, they are murderers. Their true religion is hatred and inhumanity...
What's the use of fiber-replete hate if you're not also willing to acknowledge that they are being inspired by something intrinsic to Islamic doctrine, i.e. the jihad imperative?

No comments: