Saturday, March 25, 2017

A Little Bit Is Better Than Nada/Sometime You Want the Whole Enchilada

I don't know that I agree with Andrew Klavan's assertion that it would have been better for the Republicans to pass something, anything, re health care than to have passed nada, thereby being stuck with Obamacare for the time being. (Personally, I think it would have been better to come up with something better, having had, after all, more than half a decade to do so.) However, Klavan's piece gives me an excellent excuse to post one of my favourite movie theme songs. In case you're trying to place it, it's from that 1996 Kevin Costner golf movie (four words which, in and of themselves, explain why it was not a hit), Tin Cup.

And doesn't the above-quoted line from the song below perfectly capture the pickle the Republicans got themselves in with their now-failed Obamacare-lite bill?

No comments: